Problem updating VisualGDB to the latest version

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problem updating VisualGDB to the latest version

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wernert
    Participant

I am a registered user of VisualGDB. Currently my version (V4.2) sometimes generatates the following message.

Warning: your GDB version refuses to accept fully-qualified file names.
    VisualGDB is now defaulting to file name-only syntax.
    This might cause strange bugs if you have multiple files with the same name in different directories.
    It is highly recommended to update your GDB version!

So I go the VisualGDB dowload page where I can only see the latest trial version. Assuming the trial is the same as the full version, I downloaded that but it would then tell me:

The is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete cannot run. Contact your support personell or package vendor

Since I’m the only support personell in this house, I guess I’ll have to contact the package vendor. 🙄

Please advise.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a corrupt MSI file. Please try downloading it again.

darksilence
    Participant

I have the same warning “your GDB version refuses to accept fully-qualified file names”

I use JetLink9 with THE latest firmware and drivers. and still I can’t get rid of this warning…

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The warning is shown when VisualGDB tries to set a breakpoint using the full path (e.g. “c:/dir/file.cpp”, but GDB refuses that). What toolchain are you using? Could you share the full GDB log as described here?

apettel
    Participant

Hi,

i have the same problem with the toolchain from SysProgs (arm-eabi-gcc4.9.2.exe).  The GDB version is 7.8.1. I’m using a Segger J-Link with the current GDB-server (SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V4.96l).

Is there maybe a problem with mixing “/” and “\” in fully-qualified file names ?

support
    Keymaster

Could you share the full GDB log as described here?

dlucas
    Participant

Has there been a resolution to this problem?  I am facing a similar issue.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This error message can be caused by lots of different problems. In order to pinpoint a specific cause and suggest a solution we need to examine the full GDB log (see this page for instructions on obtaining it).

Please submit the log either here or via our support form so that we could help you pinpoint the problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.