Your edition of VisualGDB does not support embedded projects

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Your edition of VisualGDB does not support embedded projects

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lkormos
    Participant

Hi,

I am using VisualGDB 5.2-r9 on my developer PC. The 30 day free trial is over so we bought 5 user activation key. I used that key to activate VisualGDB on my PC and everything working fine, i can build my project in VS and in command line as well.

I have problem  with our build server (the build server checkout the project from SVN and build it using command line like “c:\VisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe /rebuild /config:Debug /Platform=Win32 proj.vcxproj”).
    The build server contains only MSBuild without VS becouse we only using it to build our projects.

On the build server side i did the following steps:

1. installed VisualGDB 5.2-r9
    2. installed arm toolchain arm-eabi-gcc6.2.0-r4

I was not able to activate VisualGDB, becouse i do not know how to do it using command line.
    When i tried to build a project using command line i got the following error  “Your edition of VisualGDB does not support embedded projects”

Is there any solution for above-mentioned problems?

lkormos
    Participant

I forgot to mention that there is a VS2013 on the build server with an expired licence.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can activate VisualGDB on the build server by running “VisualGDB.exe /about”. This will show the “About VisualGDB” window and let you enter the key.

If this does not work, please update to VisualGDB 5.3.

lkormos
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks, that helped. Now i can build with build server in cmd line.

I like your 5.2 build better, becouse it has the option to change the Tool Chain path to relative in Manage VisualGDB Packages window. The 5.3 build do not have this option or i do not find it yet.

I do not know it is a bug or not, but sometime if i remove 5.2 and install 5.3, then change back to 5.2 build, some function not available (once the live variables so i could not debug till reinstall segger driver, some option from VS tool menu).
    Now i do not see Custom build steps (pre and post build events) and those actions are missing when building my project.
    New project or PC restart does not help it.

How can i fix this?

lkormos
    Participant

I am using VS2013 on my computer, upgrade is not possible.

lkormos
    Participant

Problem solved, we ordered embedded edition licence.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

With VisualGDB 5.3, the toolchain directory is always computed dynamically, so the workaround with creating environment variables is no longer needed.

With the missing pages, it looks like you are referring to the custom features that are not available in the Embedded edition. We have a detailed page listing all Custom-only features here. Let us know if you have any questions about it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.