Yocto-Linux

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Yocto-Linux

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    peter_cz
    Participant

Does not work.

dialog says:

Could not detect any common problem based on your log. Please contact support@sysprogs.com for further assistance.

support
    Keymaster

OK, this means that the connection between the gdb machine and the target machine cannot be established. Please try the following:

1. Manually launch “gdbserver :2000 <deployed binary>” on the target
    2. Try connecting to 192.168.0.100:2000 via telnet from the gdb machine. If this does not work, try connecting from the Windows machine. If this does not work either, try connecting from the target machine itself.

If the only machine you can connect from is the target machine itself, please check your network & firewall settings. If you can connect from Windows, but not from Linux, check that both machines are on the same network and that no firewall between them is blocking connections.

peter_cz
    Participant

I’m able to establish SCP (WinSCP) connection Win -> Target (192.168.0.100) but not telnet 192.168.0.100:2000 while I’m running gdbserver :2000 LinuxProject1 on my target machine. My build (host, Linux) machine (10.171.88.187) supposed to be on the same network as windows one (10.171.88.158) but target is connected via local wifi as PC-Windows <-> Target via wifi router as AP.

support
    Keymaster

OK, so you can telnet to 192.168.0.100:2000 from the target itself, but not from Windows, right? If yes, please try disabling the firewall on the target.

peter_cz
    Participant

It seems gdbserver on target got freeze. Since cmd : gdbserver :2000 myproj

Then got response listening at 2000 but then board has no response and can’t quite gdbserver. Any option to run gdbserver with needed?

peter_cz
    Participant

my observation:

On my target (IP: 192.168.0.100) I run

gdbserver :2000 LinuxProject1

got response

Process LinuxProject1 created; pid = 535

Listening on port 2000

on my windows machine run Tera Term where setting is

TCP/IP Host: 192.168.0.100

telnet TCP port#2000

Protocol:UNSPEC

then I got response on target:

Remote debugging from host 192.168.0.101

support
    Keymaster

OK, this confirms that you can connect from your Windows machine. Could you run “telnet 192.168.0.100 2000” on the Linux machine and see if gdbserver reports an incoming connection like it does when connecting from Windows?

peter_cz
    Participant

Nope. can’t access it from Linux Host,  I have no response on my target by issuing telnet> open 192.168.0.100 no response  on target side.

peter_cz
    Participant

I got the VisualGDB working. I put the target on the same network as Linux Host & Windows machine and now I got this working!!!

peter_cz
    Participant

Hello,

I just rebuilt the linux image and want to continue debugging but I hit the issue of establishing connection to target:

SSH: Connecting…
    SSH: Error
    Connection error: No connection could be made because the target machine activel
    y refused it 10.171.88.193:22
    Connection to target failed. Please use Tools->SSH Host Manager in Visual Studio
    to diagnose it.

I can ping to my target both from Windows machine and Linux build host.

Visual C++  says:

Cannot connect : No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.171.88.193:22

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by peter_cz.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely the new image does not have the OpenSSH server installed. You can install it by logging on via a COM port and running “sudo apt-get install openssh-server”.

peter_cz
    Participant

Problem is that within Yocto/Linux I need to build it whatever package i need and there is no package manager for install such as  apt-get.

but I did reset my PC, MS Visual, and target linux imx and then I’ve been successful.

It seems to me that old setting is somewhere cached – so some cleanup needed when new target on same IP address is needed but i’m just guessing.

Thank you very much for your support!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. Let us know if you encounter further problems.

Note that we do recommend using Debian-based Linux distros like Ubuntu as they have convenient package managers that can install most of the commonly used software.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.