XMing with OpenCV

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB XMing with OpenCV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gomore
    Participant

Hello.

I´ve got a problem…….I´m trying to test OpenCV projects in a Raspberry following one of your tutorials, this one:

http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/raspberry/opencv/

But I have a problem. It compiles and executes the debugging  project correctly, but my problem comes with the XMing. It doesn´t show me anything. It opens two XMing windows(as it has to) but the two of them are totally grey (the Mat objects in the code have data inside when I debug it). May I lose something, any library or component or something??

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

First of all, please try running the project on the Linux machine. Does the GUI show correctly? If no, the problem is in the project and not in XMing.

If yes, please try creating a basic Qt project and OpenGL project. If the first one does not show properly, it looks like an Xming bug. If the second one does not, you may be missing OpenGL support.

gomore
    Participant

Hi.

First thanks for your answer. I tried to run the project on the Linux machine(Raspberry with raspbian), and it opens a QMessageBox propperly and then opens two OpenCV windows but all in grey, neither source image not contour image are shown in the windows. It happens the same running it on the linux machine or on Windows with XMing.

So I tried to create a simple OpenGL project, and it runs well in both XMing  under windows and in the local linux machine. So, it seems that something is missing in the project? Any library or something? I have to add OpenGL libraries somewhat in the project? Or are included with the Qt or OpenCV libraries?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Does the project output any errors to the console? Did you copy the code from the tutorials EXACTLY, or did you modify it? Perhaps you have accidentally bypassed some initialization?

Normally missing libraries should cause link-time errors, but not run-time issues.

Alternatively you can try the same project on a different VM (you can use Vagrant to just download a ready image with some recent OS in just a few clicks).

gomore
    Participant

Hello again.

The only error  I have in the console output  is this warning:

“libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate”

I can´t fix it. I´m reading trough the net that can be a  raspberry incompatibillity with OpenGL_ES??

gomore
    Participant

Problem solved.

It still gives me the LibEGL warning but now works. It was a little code problem. Next step would be to try to do a video streaming from an IP camera.

Thank nyou so mutch for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.