XMC4500 linker script is missing RAM regions

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB XMC4500 linker script is missing RAM regions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    julianr
    Participant

I notices that the memory report only shows 64k RAM (and I can’t allocate more) while the xmc4500 series has 128k to 160k (depending if the comm RAM is available or not).

When you look into the linker file of VisualGDB only two regions are defined: FLASH and SRAM but the XMC4500 has at least 4 (FLASH cached, FLASH uncached, PSRAM, DSRAM1 and [if comm is available] DSRAM2).

I don’t know enough about linker scripts to add these regions myself (at work we use the armcc compiler and I know how to write and modify scatter files). However I attached the “reference GCC linker script” from the XMCLib for the XMC4500. Maybe other controllers from the XMC series are affected too.

It would be nice if you can add the missing ram to the linker script. Also it would be great if the cached flash region is usable (for performance reasons) but I guess this can be easily achieved by modifying the ORIGIN of FLASH inside the linker script.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by julianr. Reason: Linker file renamed because .ld is rejected
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The VisualGDB’s linker scripts indeed follow a very basic structure. If you would like to make use of the additional memory definitions, please try downloading the XMC Peripheral Library from Infineon and importing the linker scripts from it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.