Working from home

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Working from home

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Johanan
    Participant

We are quarantined and trying to work from home.

I can easily use a RDP to log into my work PC (VNC or similar), but need the embedded hardware with debugger near me at home obviously.

Is there a way to do it with VisualGDB? My debugger is ST-Link, working on st ARM chips.

Please advice.

Thanks

Johanan

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we have published a detailed tutorial here: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/remote/

Johanan
    Participant

It looks a bit complex but workable.

However both PC running VS and PC running debugger are normally behined nat and not at all on the same network. I assume some dynmic DNS and port forwording is needed,  or to establish a vpn for work. Which is the best? Can you advice on configuration?

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Generally, network configuration is outside of VisualGDB’s control and hence the help we can provide here is very limited.

If you are comfortable configuring the VPN, we would advise setting up OpenVPN on one of the machines, and joining the other one to it. If not, please consider using one of the cloud-based VPN services, and connecting both computers to that VPN. This would have the same effect as physically putting them on the same network.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.