Wishlist AHCI

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    arsham
    Participant

Grate product. I was wondering if it is possible to create Generic AHCI SATA driver for windows XP, like in Vista and Windows 7. with a purpose of splitsreaming it in Windows XP installation CD. so it could rise XP to a new level of incompatible NEW hardware without F6 floppy.

support
    Keymaster

Hi. In fact, you don’t need any new driver for that. Just use nLite to integrate Intel AHCI drivers into a WinXP installation disc. The actual driver will be chosen by the system automatically.

arsham
    Participant

let me argue that . not always automatically, I have one ACER D250 netbook. it’s not working automatic way, I have to splitsream only ICH8M driver nothing else having full intel packages is breaking installation . and then you are shifting with your deployment media to NVIDIA or AMD chipsets with their appropriate text mode drivers splitsreamed . you will receive Blue screen of death. Just lets look at how it done on Vista & 7,- do they have all drivers integrated? or just one generic AHCI one?

support
    Keymaster

Try asking on nLite forums about how to prevent the installation from crashing when multiple textmode drivers are slipstreamed.

Leolo
    Participant

Setting the controller to IDE mode in the BIOS is probably the best option (if your laptop allows it).

AHCI rarely offers a speed boost (in some cases it can even DEGRADE performance!), and the native IDE drivers included with Windows XP are the most stable (much more stable than intel’s).

Regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.