VSCode Plugin?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VSCode Plugin?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    codex653
    Participant

Hey all. I was wondering if there was any changes on the previous stance here towards development of a plugin/support for VGDB in VSCode. I for one would be willing to pay for something as useful as the VS version but with the environment of VSCode. Most of my embedded projects are plagued with annoyances related to VS (frequent crashes, inconsistent intellisense/highlighting, slow as molasses refactoring, etc etc), yet I’ve never really had a problem with that stuff in VSCode. For now, I’m tied to VS because I love VGDB so much, but I really would love to get away from it eventually. Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, we still don’t have any plans for VSCode support. The biggest problem here is that VSCode is based on a different technology stack, so integrating VisualGDB with it would imply creating and maintaining another product from scratch with not much reuse from the current VisualGDB code base.

That said, Microsoft is working on bringing .Net to the web apps domain. Once the Blazor framework matures, we will reconsider supporting VS Code, as it might make it easier to port existing VisualGDB logic without a complete rewrite.

codex653
    Participant

That’s a bummer! Thanks for the info.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.