VS 2022 build cancelled

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VS 2022 build cancelled

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bezalel_bnc
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed Visual Studio Community edition and VisualGDB 5.6,  on my windows 10 PC.

I am following the guide here: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/tiva/ with the example project

I am trying to connect to the Tiva EK-TM4C123GXL via openOCD.

When trying to debbug, the IDE seems to “hang” and then says that the build has encountered an error, but no error in shown. The output windows then writes:
    Build started…
    1>—— Build started: Project: launchpadTest, Configuration: Debug VisualGDB ——
    1>A task was canceled.
    1>A task was canceled.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have tried the Keil compiler as well as the GCC.

What am I missing? Why wont the VS build my project?

TIA,

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Strange. Could you please attach a screenshot of your Help->About VisualGDB window so that we could see what is going on?

bezalel_bnc
    Participant

Hi,

I am attaching the about.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the screenshot. This build should work just fine. Please try running the build from command line:

msbuild.exe <.sln file> /p:Platform=VisualGDB /p:Configuration=Debug

If it also hangs, please try obtaining a stack trace of the msbuild.exe process as shown here.

If the manual build works, but the build from VS does not, please try closing ALL VS instances, starting just one, and doing the build again. Once it hangs, please try checking the call stacks of all MSBuild.exe processes (VS would normally launch multiple ones) and searching for the ones having VisualGDB methods on the stack.

bezalel_bnc
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

To run MSbuild I needed to add the correct path to the environment variable PATH.

After that, I was able to run MSbuild in CMD. seemed to work. Opened a new instance of VS and am able to bulid :).

support
    Keymaster

Good to know it works. That said, Visual Studio should normally set the PATH automatically, so the problem could have been solved by simply restarting VS.

bezalel_bnc
    Participant

Hi,

I have restarted VS a couple of times, but that didn’t seems to help.

Makes sense that VS would have configured the PATH automatically, not sure why it didn’t.

Thank you for your help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.