VisualGDB updated MBed and BSP Packages

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB updated MBed and BSP Packages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chaaalyy
    Participant

Hi,

as a “not too skilled” Developer, i wanted to ask if there are any Plans to update the provided VisualGDB-Packages. Esp. MBed moved on from 5.6.2R2 to meanwhile 5.7.3 including some very interesting Changes.

Also the Firmware for STM32F7 Devices changed to 1.9 recently (Maybe it´s a good Idea to update this one 1st and wait with MBed until it´s integrated there too…)

Regards,

Charly

(Sorry for bad english, in Germany i don´t have to use it too often … 😉 )

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We usually update our STM32 packages quarterly, so we are planning to release a new update within a month. The mbed package is updated less frequently – the current plans are to release the next version around April-May.

If you don’t want to wait, you can also try running our open-source BSP generators on the latest versions of the packages, however we don’t guarantee that they will work until we officially support the new versions.

chaaalyy
    Participant

Thank you for the Information 🙂

I think, i can wait until the BSP gets released. Until now i work with MBed and imported the BSP-Part (not HAL and/or LL…) manually. Especially, when working with SD-Card on the stm32f746-Disco, i ran into many Problems, using DMA instead of Polling Mode. So i had to rework some Parts of the HAL Libs as well, as some MBed Files. My actual BSP-Files from FW 1.8.0 (stm32f7xx_discovery_xx.x) also contain some Bugfixes / Workarounds, which are more or less fixed in the new FW (1.9.0).

The most interesting Part in MBed would be the new “LittleFS” and it´s wear leveling abilities. But until the new ST Lib(FW 1.9.0) is not integrated in MBed too, i fear, the problems of 1.8.0 still remain.

To be honest: I´m just too lazy to do all that work manually just to reinvent the wheel shortly before a “professional” rework is available 😉

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, once we release the updates BSPs, they will work with VisualGDB out-of-the-box. The open-source BSP generators are provided for those willing to try the latest experimental versions at their own risk; if you don’t want to do that, waiting for an official update from us is the best option.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.