VisualGDB Project Properties

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB Project Properties

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bfx
    Participant

Hi,

In the VisualGDB project settings there are drop-down menus for “Targeted Android SDK Platform” and “Targeted Android NDK Platform”, which give the options of “android-1, android-2, etc…android-26” . My Question(s):

• What determines what version of  android platforms appear here?
    • In my settings, the maximum platform version is android-26. But I would like to use API 27 (Android 8.1.0), and have the Android/SDK / NDK downloaded, and paths set.   I would like to use NDK 17c,  API 27 (android-27).  I can’t find android-27 in the drop-down menu.
    • If I have an “Application.mk” file, with an APP_PLATFORM definition, how does that relate to what is shown in the Visual GDB project properties?  When they are different, which one is used?

Thank you ! 🙂

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB takes the Android platform list from the <VisualGDB directory>\Rules\Android\AndroidPlatforms.xml file. If the platform you are using it not listed there, please consider editing the file, or using the latest VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 10 that includes the definitions for the latest platforms.

VisualGDB provides 2 different settings for the Android platforms: SDK platform and NDK platform (that might be different for older SDK/NDK versions). The SDK platform setting corresponds to the project.properties file used by Ant, while the NDK platform corresponds to the Application.mk file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.