VisualGDB Error when creating project – System.InvalidCastException

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB Error when creating project – System.InvalidCastException

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Itamare
    Participant

Hello,

I have installed VisualGDB on Windows 10 – Visual Studio 2017, when trying to create new project i get the error:

VisualGDB version: 5.2.15.1452
    —————— System.InvalidCastException ——————
    System.InvalidCastException: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))
    at EnvDTE.SolutionClass.AddFromTemplate(String FileName, String Destination, String ProjectName, Boolean Exclusive)
    at pb.a_2(Solution d, String c, String b, String a, Boolean e)
    at o.a(String b, String a)
    at VisualGDB.Wizard.Embedded.EmbeddedProjectWizardImpl.a_2(wo1 c, String a, String b)
    at u9`1.Execute(Object b, Int32 c, Object[]& a, Object[]& e, wizardResult& d)

What can cause this issue?

Thanks,

Itamar

Itamare
    Participant

Solved by downgrading to Visual Studio 2015 –

STM32 – Failed to connect to debug stub

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. Normally reinstalling VS2017 and ensuring you can create regular VC++ Win32  projects should help as well (the regular VS wizard uses the same mechanism).

Itamare
    Participant

Hi.

Thanks for the reply, just too many issues with comping the script under VisualGDB, few more issues:

I am trying to compile and debug a custom board with F446RE on it, using the debugger(ST-LINK) from the Nucleo 446RE, this method absolutely works using SystemWorkbench – code runs perfectly.

I regenerate the code using CubeMX under GPDSC toolchain/IDE, import to visualGDB – get an error, openocd does not recognize my custom board with 446RE. Is there anything to do with it?

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Itamare.
    support
    Keymaster

No problem, please follow the instructions in this thread: https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/stm32-failed-to-connect-to-debug-stub/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.