VisualGDB breaks IntelliSense in driver projects

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB breaks IntelliSense in driver projects

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    UdoEberhardt
    Participant

Hi,

I have VisualGDB-5.3r8-trial.msi installed. When I open a VS2015 solution with one single project of type KMDF driver (Windows kernel mode driver) then IntelliSense is no longer working in this solution. The navigation bar on the top of editor windows is not displayed, hotkeys such as F12 are not working, etc. IntelliSense is completely gone.

When I uninstall VisualGDB the problem disappears and IntelliSense works as expected in this solution. When I install VisualGDB again, the problem re-appears. I double checked this several times.

Only kernel mode driver project types are affected. Other Windows project types seem to work. And the problem seems to show up only if the kernel mode driver project is the only one in the solution.

I can provide a sample driver project, if desired. However if the Windows WDK is installed, one can easily create one using VS’s new project wizard.

Udo

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, this might be related to a recently fixed bug. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.3.18.2008.msi

UdoEberhardt
    Participant

Yes, indeed with VisualGDB-5.3.18.2008.msi the problem is solved. Thank you very much!

Udo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.