VisualGDB and Raspberry PI Model A

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB and Raspberry PI Model A

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wernert
    Participant

xcuse me if this is a stupid question… I’m still a newbe to both Raspberry PI and VisualGDB.

My question is this…. Since the Raspberry PI Model A does not have an Ethernet connection, and therefore no IP address… will it still be possible to use it with VisualGDB?

Will it be possible to a Wifi USB dongle on the Rasberry PI Model A, instead of Ethernet, to develop and debug using VisualGDB on the RaspBerry PI

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have not specifically tested it over WiFi, however if you can get it to work to the point where you can ping your Raspberry Pi from your PC, VisualGDB should be able to target it without any problems. Let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

wernert
    Participant

Thanks, that sounds promising. I will it a try and report back here. It would actually be quite cool to be able to do this wirelessly. At the moment I struggling a bit to download the Rasberry Toolchain for cross-compiling. It gets an error midway and then stops. Halfway again at the moment so holding thumbs for success this time.

wernert
    Participant

Ok, good news. It works just fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.