VisualGDB 4.0 BETA 2 Bug report (GDB freeze -list-features)

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VisualGDB 4.0 BETA 2 Bug report (GDB freeze -list-features)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bagwani
    Participant

Hi,

I want to report a bug in VisualGDB 4.0 BETA 2.
    I just updated from a perfect working VisualGDB 3.1 R4 Trial to VisualGDB 4.0 BETA 2 Trial.
    I use VisualGDB for debugging software on my Raspberry Pi model B.

The issue is when I start debugging on the Raspberry Pi the GDB -list-features command freezes, if I abort the command I can still debug, but its annoying that it pops up every time.
    I did not have this issue with visualGDB 3.1.
    btw gdb on raspberry pi does not support the -list-features command.

GDB log

gdb –interpreter mi –args “encode.bin” test7.h264
    -list-features
    -list-features <-- is colored red!
    =thread-group-added,id=”i1″
    GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
    Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
    This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type “show copying”
    and “show warranty” for details.
    This GDB was configured as “arm-linux-gnueabihf”.
    For bug reporting instructions, please see:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>…
    Reading symbols from /home/pi/hello_encode/encode.bin…
    done.
    Warning: could not set a breakpoint on main. ‘Step into new instance’ will not work.
    &”Quitn”

If you need more information please let me know.

Cheers,
    Bagwani

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting this. We have fixed it in Beta 3.

Anonymous
    Participant

Yes, version 4.0 fixed info target, but it sometimes blocked ‘ info shared ‘ or even something not very common condition( like line xxx ), but if I click ping, it still worked OK,
    this condition only show in my working linux( I have no previllige to upgrade the gdb to 7.6, that is an old GDB 7.2 or 7.3 ), I can not reproduced in GDB 7.4 or later.

support
    Keymaster

How often does this happen? We have encountered similar behavior on some versions of MacOS and it looked like a bug in their end of SSH. Could you build newer GDB from sources in your home directory and let VisualGDB use it explicitly?

Anonymous
    Participant

I tried that but failed, cuz the building process can not be finished, the bfd complained something error, do not know the xxx cpu,
    the linux is a old-fedora-like private one under unknown architecture, the VisualGDB passing it seems as alphav6 unknown linux gnu, oh, even i attached configure with
    –build with uknown linux gnu, it still failed (I could be success other linux src code complilation by using that unknown configure, though … )

btw, I had build gdb on my x86 linux in virtual machine, with latest gdb 7.6, VisualGDB worked very good.

Anonymous
    Participant

ok, solved by upgrade the GDB to 7.6

seen your(visualGDB) blog post about “Win32 toolchain for building Raspberry PI” and got how to check the gdb building with xxx-uknown-linux-gnu, and use that xxx value to configure gdb, and that worked to compiling!

everything ok now( except each build will report deploy error in VS, and that only occur this PC, and I think it would be VS compatible problem :D, I need to cancel deploy VisualGDB project and debug!)

btw, that Version of old GDB is 7.1-18, if you’d like to check compatible 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.