Visual GDB importing existing embedded project with modular firmware

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Visual GDB importing existing embedded project with modular firmware

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    billskeen68
    Participant

I really like VisualGDB. Great product, ready to click on Buy. I haven’t done embedded debugging since the `80s using an Intel ICE system. Wow, have times changed. Sorry, I regress.

I want to use VisualGDB to debug RedBear Duo firmware to capture a hard fault in my application. I have been successful at importing the application – user-part; building a debug version and debugging (openOCD & VGDB). What I have no clue about is how to add the two firmware components, system-part1 & system-part2 to this solution as the make/build process is a bit confusing. The hard fault handler is in the system-part2.

Is there a tutorial or other place you can point me to that describes how to import something like this? If not, any suggestions on how I should proceed.

If purchasing VisualGDB before support is required, I will do so immediately.

Thanks,

Bill

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We do have a tutorial explaining how to create a basic bootloader with VisualGDB: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/bootloader/

Hopefully this clarifies the necessary steps. If not, feel free to ask further questions here and we will do our best to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.