VGDB Installer Fails : Win11 & VS IDE 2022

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VGDB Installer Fails : Win11 & VS IDE 2022

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    eddieA
    Participant

Well recently I felt like upgrading to windows 11 and just wiped everything for a clean slate. I am getting the errors below when trying to install VisualGDB

I will probably need to install and older version as well since that is where my license belongs but if I have to renew it its ok I dont mind.

Wondering if there is a fix for this, or working on it, or something on my end I can do.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, please make sure you use VisualGDB 5.6. Older versions do not support VS2022.

eddieA
    Participant

yes this was the latest download from the big download button

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. Please let us know the email address associated with your license key, so that we could link it to your forum profile.

Please also try collecting an installation log as shown on this page and attach it here so that we could see what is going on.

eddieA
    Participant

here is the log file

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by support. Reason: removed email for privacy
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update. It looks like your support period has expired a while ago. Please kindly renew it here and we will be happy to help you.

This issue might be also caused by moving to VS2022 without uninstalling the previous VisualGDB version. Please try removing the previous VisualGDB version via Add/Remove programs (you may need to use the Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter mentioned on our troubleshooting page) before installing VisualGDB 5.6.

eddieA
    Participant

ok just renewed the license , and used the troubleshooter to uninstall. And all works fine now. thanks for the reply on the holidays!!! Much appreicated

support
    Keymaster

No worries, happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.