Version 2.3 impression

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Version 2.3 impression

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

New version 2.3 is GREAT!

I “love” this virtual CD/DVD ISO driver.
    (How about other type of CD/DVD images , VMWare-HDD image , VirtualPC HDD image , backup image and more ?)

Anyway,
    I tried Windows 2000 to 7 .

Windows 2000 SP4 => viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116&start=0
    Windows XP 32Bit SP3 => Run correctly.
    Windows XP 64Bit SP3 => Run correctly.
    Windows Vista 32Bit SP2 => Run correctly.
    Windows Vista 64Bit SP2 => Run correctly. *1
    Windows 7 RC 32Bit => Run correctly *2
    Windows 7 RC 64Bit => Run correctly *1 *2

*1 /TESTSIGNING
    – Blu-Ray/HD-DVD video will disable. (Copyright protection)
    – Displays a watermark with the text “Test Mode” in all four corners of the desktop.
    – Security ploblem (same as 32BitOS or more… cauce testing/debugging back door will open)

*2 When eject(at left window of explorer) virtual CD/DVD, then explorer.exe will down.
    Maybe only 7-RC’s ploblems, I hope.

Anonymous
    Participant

Installer fail at checking TESTSIGNING ON when installing on Windows 7 RC 64Bit environment, then it will loop infinity .
    but no *2.

Anonymous
    Participant

Installed beautifully, but on first run while opening an ISO I got an error message indicating there was a missing driver. When I clicked “Update Driver” it seemed to skip the update process and went on to mount my ISO perfectly. The missing driver error has not occurred since then.

Awesome program, guys! I’d say “flawless” but that’s just darn hard to achieve. 🙂

support
    Keymaster

“Missing driver” is OK. Just wait a couple of seconds and it installs automatically. Fully background installation is impossible due to driver signing limitations, so you need to tolerate a dialog box once 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.