Use Google Mock with VisualGDB?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Use Google Mock with VisualGDB?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    abritton
    Participant

I am evaluating VisualGDB with Visual Studio 2017, and am using Google Test for unit testing on a Linux platform.  My question is whether there is a way to use Google Mock with Google Test, and run the tests on the Linux target?  Thanks in advance.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, please try installing VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 7 and get the latest version of the GoogleTest framework via the VisualGDB Package Manager. It does include GoogleMock.

abritton
    Participant

I am using VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 7 now, and can use Google Mock.  However, the Code Coverage feature no longer seems to be working.  I get the code coverage reports as expected, but the code coverage window does not show any functions.  The total %lines in %functions is displayed at the bottom of the window and nothing else.  Also, the highlight coverage source code is not highlighting anything.  What am I doing wrong?  This worked previously when I had the released version of VisualGDB installed.  I have attached a screenshot showing the blank code coverage window.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Looks like a bug of the preview build. Please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.7.2478.msi

abritton
    Participant

The code coverage window and highlighting works in this version.  Thank you so much for your extremely fast response.  Your customer support has been outstanding.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you run into any further problems.

abritton
    Participant

Will the code coverage fix be included in the next preview?  Also, do you have an estimated release date for 5.4?

Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, the fix will be included. We currently plan to release another preview of v5.4 introducing a feature similar to CodeLens this week, then the first beta in another 1-2 weeks followed by a stable version in a few weeks more (depending on the feedback on Beta).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.