Updating arm mbed

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Updating arm mbed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alexander
    Participant

Is there a way to update to newer versions of Arm Mbed? I work on two different systems. One updated weeks ago and it said it uses 5.6.3r6, when I opened my projects it asked if I want to use the 5.6.3r3 because that is the only version it can find. Now I’m back to the other system, no update and when opening the project the same popup comes up but it says it only finds the 5.6.3r2 version… Is there a way to manually update to the newest version? I mean the mbed OS is at 5.7.3 the last time I checked.

Popup

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by alexander.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can update to any mbed version supported by VisualGDB (i.e. verified and repackaged by us) via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages. The latest repackaged version so far is v5.6.3r3.

Once we release a package for 5.7.3, VisualGDB will automatically detect this and suggest updating it.

klaus
    Participant

Hi,

when are you planning to release a new VisualGDB Package with an updated version of ARM MBED?
    The current version 5.6.3 contain some critical bugs, therefore we need a newer version.
    @support: you mentioned there will be a release containing ARM MBED 5.7.3, but the current version is already 5.9.1

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We originally planned to include an advanced mbed project subsystem into the upcoming Preview 4, that would eliminate the need for a special BSP package, but it got delayed to due a few changes in other external tools. We will investigate the latest mbed release next week and will release an updated BSP.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.