unable to successfully mount a cue file

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu unable to successfully mount a cue file

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

First off, I just want to say that this is a fantastic piece of software. Been using it for some time and am very very happy with its simplicity and its small footprint.

However, I DO have a concern at this point. I have a set of CUE files [with associated BIN’s] that won’t mount properly. Double clicking on the file will make a drive appear on my computer, but it’s empty. If I attempt to explore it, an error message comes up saying ‘windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows.’

All my other CUE files mount correctly. Also, the CUE files that I’m having a problem with mount properly with a different utility.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Participant

Just an update. I was able to mount the files, however I did it by mounting the BIN itself by right clicking on it and then selecting wincdemu to open it.

Just found it strange that it wouldn’t work straight from the CUE file, especially since another utility managed it successfully.

Still, this is a sweet piece of software.

support
    Keymaster

Could you please send me the faulty CUE file by mail, or post it here? The parser for CUE files is now quite simple and may miss something.

LudoA
    Participant

I don’t have those errors, I do have the exact same symptoms as in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=134 .

However, mounting the .cue file doesn’t work for me either, while mounting the .bin file directly does work. Here’s my .cue file:

FILE "Foo.bin" BINARY
    REM SESSION 01
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 64:20:70
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 66:01:55
    TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 66:30:03
    TRACK 05 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 67:02:51
    TRACK 06 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 67:39:51
    TRACK 07 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 68:20:27
    TRACK 08 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 70:25:01
    TRACK 09 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 72:37:60
    TRACK 10 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 73:20:39
    TRACK 11 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 73:58:12
    TRACK 12 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 74:35:69
    TRACK 13 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 75:15:65
    TRACK 14 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 75:59:04
    TRACK 15 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 76:37:39

I also tried to rename my Foo.bin dir to Foo-.cue, so I could mount it using the context menu, but that doesn’t work at all. Not sure if this is normal behavior, as I’m not very knowledgeable about .cue/.bin files.

support
    Keymaster

Looks like your CUE file contains audio tracks. Presently, WinCDEmu does not support multi-track CDs. However, this feature will probably be added in future versions.

LudoA
    Participant

Actually, I don’t think the .bin file contains audio tracks (it’s a CD of a game), so the .cue file is probably incorrect. The problem isn’t very important to me, since I can mount the .bin file just fine. I just thought I’d report it, in case it helps you.

Great piece of software, by the way, I love that it’s so minimalist and has such a small footprint. When I had to mount this .bin file, I was annoyed I’d have to download bloatware again, possibly with spyware, so I’m *very* happy I found this small software, especially since I’m much more comfortable installing open source software on my machine.

LudoA
    Participant

FYI, I just got this error when trying to post a reply (i.e. on URL http://forum.sysprogs.org/posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=159):

Return to index page
    General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.