unable to locate sdkconfig.h when generating phy_init_data.bin

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB unable to locate sdkconfig.h when generating phy_init_data.bin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andreapedica
    Participant

Hi,

I am facing the follwing issue: I’ve set up my ESP32 project in order to generate the phy_int_data.bin binary during compile time.

The problem that occurs is as follows (copied from compiler output):

[169/1001] Generating phy_init_data.bin
    FAILED: esp32/phy_init_data.bin
    cmd.exe /C “cd /D D:\data\projects\ESP32\SDUF\SDUF\VisualGDB\Debug\esp32 && C:\SysGCC\esp32\opt\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -x c -c -I C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v3.2-beta3/components/esp32 -I C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v3.2-beta3/components/esp32/include -I D:/data/projects/ESP32/SDUF/SDUF/VisualGDB/Debug -o phy_init_data.obj C:/SysGCC/esp32/esp-idf/v3.2-beta3/components/esp32/phy_init_data.h && C:\SysGCC\esp32\opt\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-objcopy.exe -O binary phy_init_data.obj phy_init_data.bin”
    C:\SysGCC\esp32\esp-idf\v3.2-beta3\components\esp32\phy_init_data.h(18,23): error : sdkconfig.h: No such file or directory

Do I have to manually specify the location of the sdkconfig.h file? If yes, which variable should i config and in which projet configuration file?

For your convenience:

• VisualGDB version is 5.4 build 2737
    • ESP-IDF v3.2-beta3 (but occurs also with previous stable releases)

Thanks, Andrea

support
    Keymaster

Normally, the sdkconfig.h file should be handled by the ESP-IDF build system itself. The only advice we could give is to try creating a project based on GNU Make instead of CMake (it uses a different set of build scripts) and if it doesn’t work either, check if the problem can be reproduced by building from command line.

If it doesn’t work from command line either, please check with Espressif – it might be a bug on their side. If it works when built manually, but fails under VisualGDB, please let us know both build command lines and we will investigate.

andreapedica
    Participant

Hi,

your suggestion to switch to GNU compile system actually solved the problem in VisualGDB under VS.

Whenever possible I will check also if problem is present outside of VisualGDB, in that case I will check on ESP-IDF side.

Thanks for your help.

support
    Keymaster

Good to know it works. Espressif did previously mention that the CMake build scripts are missing some of the advanced features supported by their Make scripts, so it makes sense. Either way, VisualGDB does and will support both build systems, so that you can always find the one that works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.