Trying to use MacOSX/Clang to build remotely.

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Trying to use MacOSX/Clang to build remotely.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I am currently evaluating for my company if we are able to use VisualGDB to solve our issues. Ideally we would like to use Visual Studio and build our c++ code and debug it. Currently our toolchain resides in a mac environment and so that cannot change. Anyhow… We are also using gyp to generate projects for Visual Studio. I have yet to see if I can get that to work with VisualGDB but I don’t think that should be an issue if I can setup VisualGDB via some VS project settings.

Currently I have visual studio installed and trying to build/debug a clang app built in a mac environment. I followed the guide found here at tutorials/linux/clang. I was able to SSH in but when it verifies the toolchain it fails at the C compiler stage saying that Clang returned unexpected output. I tried moving forward and of course that didn’t fix anything. I was getting build errors with unknown arguments such as -gc-sections. How should I go about using clang to build our apps while using VisualGDB to do that remotely and support debugging? I can’t seem to get VisualGDB to accept clang without issues.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is actually a bug in VisualGDB 4.1 that prevents it from automatically disabling the clang-incompatible options. This will be resolved in the upcoming VisualGDB 4.2. As a workaround please continue creating the project, then edit the debug.mak/release.mak files:

1. Remove “-Wl,-gc-sections” from LDFLAGS
    2. Remove values of START_GROUP and END_GROUP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.