TI TIVA Stellaris ICDI

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB TI TIVA Stellaris ICDI

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wostryda14
    Participant

Hello,

i am running into following troubles if i want to connect a Tiva C Series Launchpad for debugging:

C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedDebugPackages\com.sysprogs.arm.openocd\bin\openocd.exe -c “gdb_port 50208” -c “telnet_port 50209” -f interface/ti-icdi-auto.cfg -f target/stellaris.cfg -c init -c “reset init” -c “echo VisualGDB_OpenOCD_Ready”
    Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0 (2017-10-27) [https://github.com/sysprogs/openocd]
    Licensed under GNU GPL v2
    For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
    hla_jtag
    Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
    adapter speed: 500 kHz
    Info : RCLK (adaptive clock speed)
    Error: open failed
    in procedure ‘init’
    in procedure ‘ocd_bouncer’

A window with “open failed” popped up.

With the code composer studio i am able to debug.

Thanks in advance

Daniel Wostry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you are using a relatively old build of OpenOCD. Please try upgrading to VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 5 and install the latest OpenOCD package via VisualGDB Package Manager.

wostryda14
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for replying.

The openocd is the newest version what is available.

Actual we changed to codecomposer because of time issues, but further tests are in the queue.

Thanks

Daniel Wostry

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you have tight time constraints, please consider trying Segger J-Link. It is more expensive than other debug probes, but comes with its own fully supported replacement to OpenOCD that works out-of-the-box with many devices. VisualGDB supports both Segger J-Link and OpenOCD, so you can choose the underlying tool based on your requirements.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.