The virtual disk undeletable & system shut-down failure…

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu The virtual disk undeletable & system shut-down failure…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    aq12
    Participant

Dear Administrator:

Hi. I just installed ver. 3.6 to try, but I found a strange problem. After I press “Eject” to unmountt my virtual disk J:, the file management software “Total Commander” does not show J: disk anymore as your design, but J: disk unfortunately is still appearing in “Computer” forder as the following screenshots I made:

I couldn’t remove J: disk away from “Computer” forder. What’s going on? Would you please kindly help to fix this bug! Thanks a lot!

P.S. I’m using Windows XP SP3

support
    Keymaster

Was there an error message when you clicked “unmount”?
    What happens when if you double-click at the drive icon in Explorer? Does the drive open, or is there an error?
    Is the CDROM still visible in Device Manager?

aq12
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

Was there an error message when you clicked “unmount”?
    What happens when if you double-click at the drive icon in Explorer? Does the drive open, or is there an error?
    Is the CDROM still visible in Device Manager?

I didn’t have no error message when I clicked “unmount”.

Jumping out Windows Media Player with empty screen when I double-click at the drive icon in Explorer.

I didn’t check Device Manager, sorry.

I found this problem occurred after I used KMPlayer to see the movie in ISO file type. I have to reboot my computer to let “Computer” forder forget the virtual disk.

support
    Keymaster

Does it happen always? Or did it happen only one time?

aq12
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

Does it happen always? Or did it happen only one time?

I found this problem occurred after I used KMPlayer to see the movie in ISO file type.

(I edited my last reply, please check it again)

aq12
    Participant

Oh, too bad! I found not only couldn’t clean the virture disk out of Computer folder but also made my computer failed to shut-down (system locked during shut-down procedure) after I used KMPlayer to see the move in ISO file type mounted by WinCDEmu. Quite a big trouble!

support
    Keymaster

Maybe, it’s a bug in KMPlayer? WinCDEmu does not lock the system. Anyway, I’ll check for compatibility with KMPlayer and see what I can do.

aq12
    Participant

I tried “Virtual CloneDrive” and no these problems at all because “Virtual CloneDrive” does not allow to unmount virtual disk. Therefore, I think unmounting virtual disk is the reason made my system shut-down failure. I suggest you shoud find the bug out from the unmounting procedure. Some system parameters must be ignored.

support
    Keymaster

It seems to be a bug of KMPlayer. Please install the latest KMPlayer version.

aq12
    Participant

I’m using KMPlayer 3.0.0.1440. The newest version is KMPlayer 3.0.0.1441. Ok, I’ll try it. Hope you are right even I have no confidence. Anyway, thanks for your kind reply!

aq12
    Participant

Hi. I just tried The newest version KMPlayer 3.0.0.1441. Unfortunately, still same problems I got. Hope your next version can solve these problems. Many thanks!

aq12
    Participant

I tried UltraISO PE 9.3.2.2276 to built a virtural disk. No problem at all. I’m quite sure the problems caused by WinCDEmu’s unmounting. As we know, the system does not allow hot unpluging out any disk driver, does it? Unmount virtual disk means hot unpluging out the disk driver so the system is serching and trying to close the disk while shut down computer I suppose.

Anonymous
    Participant

HI,

i have the same problem here. Playing a movie from a mounted DVD-ISO with MediaPlayerClassic or even Windows Media Player lets WinCDEmu stopp working. You cannot dismount the ISO completely. The Imagename disappears after the drive letter. The drive cannot be opened againg in explorer.
    System-Shutdown hangs. Even mounting another ISO does not work anymore.
    Using VLC-Media-Player this problem does not occur! But VLC-Media Player does not play all my ISOs. That’s why I prefer MediaPlayer Classic.

Can you please solve the problem?

Kind regards
    Ewald

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.