Sysroot directory does not exist: /not/exist

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Sysroot directory does not exist: /not/exist

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ankan
    Participant

When creating a new Linux project with Cross-toolchain: STM32MP1 and try to sync headers and libraries i get this error:

VisualGDB version: 5.4.112.3309
    —————— System.Exception ——————
    System.Exception: Sysroot directory does not exist: /not/exist
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.SysrootSynchronizationWindow.ExtractAndValidateSysrootDirectory(ToolchainDefinition toolchain)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.Linux.LinuxTargetPage.ControllerImpl.SyncSysroot()

I have reinstalled the toolchain but still get that error.

I have tried different builders but without luck

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you have hardcoded an invalid sysroot directory (/not/exist) somewhere in the settings. Please try creating a new project from scratch and make sure you don’t accidentally specify the invalid sysroot directory.

Ankan
    Participant

I have created 10th of different projects and they all got same error. I even get this error when running the New Linux Project wizard, before the projects actually is created.

I have reinstalled VisualGDB and also the Cross-toolchain STM32MP1 multiple times without luck.

I ran VisualGDB 5.4r12 and is now trying 5.5rc1, but with no success.

Where should sysroot be set or where can I set it to see if that would help as I guess it’s not set?

Ankan
    Participant

If I change Cross-toolchain to for example ubuntu I can sync, but got lot of errors as it is a architecture mismatch. So I guess the problem lay in the STM32MP1 Cross-toolchain.

support
    Keymaster

The Ubuntu toolchain indeed will not work for the STM32MP1 target.

That said, the regular STM32MP1 toolchain should work out-of-the-box. We have also rechecked it with the hardware and it did work as expected (the STM32MP1 build scripts indeed set the default sysroot location to /not/exist, however the definition in toolchain.xml overrides it).

Please try updating to VisualGDB 5.5 RC1, then completely delete and reinstall the STM32MP1 toolchain. If it still doesn’t work, please share the screenshots of the wizard, showing how you create the project and how exactly you try to synchronize sysroot, and we will investigate this further.

Ankan
    Participant

I remove all toolchains and doublechecked that c:\SysGCC was deleted. I uninstalled VisualGDB, reboot computer and reinstalled VisualGDB 5.5 RC1. Then I reinstalled the STM32MP1 toolchain from inside the wizard but still same problem.

Then only thing that differ from the openstlinux image on the STM32MP1 is that I have installed g++, rsync, zip, openssh-server, make, sudo, cmake, ninja-build, git and gdb.

I get this /not/exist error even if my STM32MP1 is powered off so I don’t get it. It looks like the error lay in the toolchain, but I have reinstalled it over and over again. If I choose a different toolchain like raspberry or ubuntu I can sync without problem.

I have attached screenshots from the wizard.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ankan
    Participant

… more screenshots from the wizard.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks, we have confirmed the issue. Indeed, the synchronization link in the wizard was not working as expected with this toolchain (the button in VisualGDB Project properties did).

Please try the following build: VisualGDB-5.5.101.3850.msi

Ankan
    Participant

Thank you! It works much better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.