Switching from Atollic, my evaluation so far.

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Switching from Atollic, my evaluation so far.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this. Visual Studio only queries the underlying debugger for an expression if it looks like a valid C/C++ identifier, so ‘(‘, and other operators are not automatically queried. We might be able to override this in one of the future VisualGDB versions via installing a special hook, however we would not do this in v5.3 as the same mechanism is used for ctrl+arrow navigation and we want to avoid breaking it.

kurta999
    Participant

Still no plans on implementing this popup feature from Atollic?

I would recommend try to compare which is better in Atollic, and try to implement these features šŸ™‚ In future we’ll buy a few license that’s sure, since now this visual gdb rocks with ESP support & newly added features.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, we don’t have any current plans forĀ overriding the Visual Studio popup mechanism to support popups on the ‘(‘ symbol.

It also looks like your trialĀ period has expired. Please feel free to get back to us once you purchase a license and we will be happy to discuss possible workarounds to display the information you would normally see with this popup.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.