Support for STM32L496xx

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Support for STM32L496xx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sdzienge
    Participant

When will support for the STM32L496xx be added to the BSP packages?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is included in the latest BSP update the is currently undergoing tests. We would expect it to be released in the next 1-2 weeks.

sdzienge
    Participant

Thanks!  I’m looking forward to that.  Any ideas on when OpenOCD will support it?  Currently I’m using version 20161025 installed through VisualGDB and it does not properly detect the STM32L496 as part of the L4 family.  I’m wondering if I should just try patching it myself or if it will be addressed soon enough that I can just wait.

Thanks in advance.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We will rebuild the OpenOCD from the latest Github sources in the next month, so if the fix is already there, it will be included.

We usually don’t add support for new devices to OpenOCD ourselves as the OpenOCD maintainers usually do that anyway, so if the support is not there yet, patching it manually (it’s usually straight-forward) could be the easiest way to get it to work.

macegr
    Participant

Any news on STM32L496 support (via updating OpenOCD)? I have 17 days left on my trial period and I’ll buy VisualGDB if you release the update you promised for April, so I can use my L496 without going back to Eclipse 🙂

macegr
    Participant

I had to install a few gigs of support software and slowly work around to the ability to compile OpenOCD on Windows. The git version supports the STM32L496, but I had to patch an older version to get it to compile. Then I had to chase down a lot of DLLs and add them to Visual GDB’s OpenOCD tool folder. But I did get it working…in one day…please update OpenOCD so that the next time I install VisualGDB I don’t have to do this all over again.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we will make an experimental build of OpenOCD based on the latest upstream sources and will post a link here in the next 24 hours.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have released an updated OpenOCD build. You can install it via Tools->Manage VisualGDB Packages.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.