STM32F103C8 with USB-device settings won't compile

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32F103C8 with USB-device settings won't compile

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Southbranch
    Participant

I am trying to set up a project with the USB-device library, Communications Device (DCD), USB-2.0 Full Speed, in order to send messages to PC via a virtual com-port, but the project won’t compile..

I have tried to setup the example directly at the project setup (from sqratch) as well as re-configure the frameworks after a successful Blinky example.

Compile error messages such as “unint8_t does not name a type”, etc

Thanks for any hints

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is by design. The project you are trying to build contains an error and VisualGDB displays it. Please make sure you can build the project outside VisualGDB first, and you will be able to build it with VisualGDB as well.

Southbranch
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response, but I am not sure I understand.

Forgive me, but what do you mean “This is by design”?  I was hoping to run a startup project straight out with VisusalGDB’s USB-device template.

Please elaborate/clarify -:)

Thanks in advance

support
    Keymaster

If you can confirm that a project created from the VisualGDB template without any modifications doesn’t build out-of-the-box, we can gladly investigate and fix it.

If this is the case, please provide complete and full steps to reproduce the problem from scratch, including a screenshot of every wizard page and every settings page involved in the repro. See our problem reporting instructions for more details.

Southbranch
    Participant

Thanks,

Yes I can confirm there are no modifications and there is no no hardware attached except for STLINK V2. The error will take you less than 1 min to reproduce in your end:

1. Visual Studio 2019 -> New Embedded Project
    2. On Project Type step -> keep all defaults
    3. On Device selection step ->STM32F103C8T
    4. On Sample Selection step -> USB Communications device (default settings)
    5. On Debug Method step -> STLINK V2 (default settings)
    6. Finnish

Won’t compile…

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, we have tried just that when you first reported it, and it built successfully. As you have not provided the complete screenshots of all related wizard and settings pages per our previous reply, it is hard to suggest anything else.

Most likely, you have edited some code on your side at some point. Either way, we will keep an eye on it and will investigate it further in case other users report similar issues.

Southbranch
    Participant

No, I have made absolutely NO modifications and I have created and tested a new project 2-3 times now..

I have VS 2019 16.9.6 and VisualGDB 5.5R4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.