STM32 hardware float compilation failure

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB STM32 hardware float compilation failure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    paradajz
    Participant

Hi,

I just downloaded trial version of VisualGDB, and so far, I haven’t even managed to compile a test project. I’ve chosen “STM32F405RG” as processor, selected Hardware float support and then I get the following error:

Tool arguments: -Wl,–start-group “C:\Users\paradajz\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_TrivialProgram.o” -o “C:\Users\paradajz\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_TrivialProgram.bin” -Wl,-gc-sections –specs=rdimon.specs -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -TC:\Users\paradajz\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32/STM32F4xxxx/LinkerScripts/STM32F405RG_flash.lds -Wl,–end-group
    c:/stm32toolchain/gcc-arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: C:\Users\paradajz\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_TrivialProgram.o uses VFP register arguments, C:\Users\paradajz\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_TrivialProgram.bin does not
    c:/stm32toolchain/gcc-arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:\Users\paradajz\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_TrivialProgram.o
    c:/stm32toolchain/gcc-arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler; defaulting to 08000000
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Why is this failing?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like your toolchain might not support hardware floating point properly. Please try using the ARM toolchain that comes with VisualGDB.

MajesticRa
    Participant

I had exactly the same issue when I first time installed VisualGDB and used my tool chain (installed somewhere in the system).  As support answers, the problem disappeared after I allowed VisualGDB to download toolchain on its own.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.