StdPeriph template for STM32 missing in 5.2 Beta 1

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB StdPeriph template for STM32 missing in 5.2 Beta 1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    engicoder
    Participant

When creating a new embedded project for a STM32 device, the only templates available are HAL or RTOS. The StdPeriph template is no longer listed. Is this intentional? Is there any way I can add the StdPeriph template to 5.2 Beta 1?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The answer depends on the device. Which device are you using?

engicoder
    Participant

Interesting. This was for the STM32F072RB. Why would it depend on the device? In the past, I have created StdPeriph projects for this device with VisualGDB.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just double-checked the latest STM32 BSP and the StdPeriph sample is available for STm32F072RB. Perhaps your BSP got corrupt? Please try removing and reinstalling it via VisualGDB Package Manager.

engicoder
    Participant

I removed the STM32 Devices BSP and reinstalled (version  3.7r2) via the package manager, restarted Visual Studio, but still no StdPeriph sample project.

On a different note: I keep seeing references to 5.2 Beta 2, but can only find a download for 5.2 Beta 1.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Strange. Please double-check that you select the device and sample as shown below:

If the sample does not appear, please check if you have the following file:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32\samples\LEDBlink_STM32F0X\sample.xml

If yes, could you please check if the StdPeriph sample appears for other device families?

engicoder
    Participant

Well, today (after a windows update and reboot) it seems to be working fine. Not sure what was going on. I will assume the problem was between my ears somewhere. Thanks for all your help and quick responses.

To follow up,  yes, the sample.xml file was at the location you specified.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. Could be antivirus software treating sample.xml as a virus, corrupt filesystem or any other cause. If the problem reoccurs, feel free to contact us again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.