Startup Item De-Selects when solution view changes

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Startup Item De-Selects when solution view changes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MartinF
    Participant

This is just an annoying thing that started happening recently and I was wondering if someone could help me.

In “Solution Explorer” folder view quit being the default view for my project for some unknown reason. Every time I open the project I have to re-enable folder view. When I re-enable folder view then the “VisualGDB Debugger” drops from being the startup item so I have to manually build and start my project from the “Debug” menu. Attached images hopefully explain the issue better.

Thanks!

Martin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like something on the Visual Studio level and not on VisualGDB level. Please try checking if the same happens for a regular Win32 C++ project that is not based on VisualGDB.

If you can confirm that the problem is specific to VisualGDB projects, we can help you resolve it, however we would kindly ask to renew your support first, as it has currently expired.

MystikReasons
    Participant

I can confirm that this also happens with plain Win32 C++ projects.

It looks like that the problem is on the Visual Studio level.

I’m using Visual Studio 2019 v. 16.5.0 Preview 1

MartinF
    Participant

@MystikReasons, Thank you for confirming that this is not an issue with VisualGDB.

MystikReasons
    Participant
    MartinF
    Participant

@Mystikreasons Cool! Thanks for doing this.

MystikReasons
    Participant

@martinf You’re welcome

MystikReasons
    Participant

@MartinF

They told me that this is by design (see the website for more detailed informations).

MartinF
    Participant

@MystikReasons,

Ok, well I guess I’ll just live with it then. Thanks for your help!

MartinF
    Participant

For what it’s worth I figured out what occurred. I must have unchecked the “show all files” button somewhere along the way causing every file to show in Solution Explorer under a list. By re-checking “show all files” I was able to put everything back in the categorized view I prefer. I noted that it looks very much like folder view but I guess it’s not the same thing. Anyway this value is “sticky” when VS is closed and reopened.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.