Standalone project no BSP

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Standalone project no BSP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sidprice
    Participant

I need to produce a project for STM32F411RE that does not use the ST HAL BSP. It just needs to have the startup code and vectors. Is there an easy way to do this?

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally, you can just remove the reference to “STM32 HAL” via the Embedded Frameworks page. This should leave the startup code, vectors and the linker script (you would need to change the main source file).

sidprice
    Participant

Thank you, that almost got me there.

The remaining issue is that Intellisense is still looking in the BSP for header files. The compiler does not and it follows the include file directories I have entered, however Intellisense does not. If I right click on an include file line to open that file the IDE opens the file in the BSP.

How can I force Intellisense to reparse my project?

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The answer depends whether you are using GNU Make or MSBuild. Normally VisualGDB should update the include paths automatically. Perhaps they have been removed and then re-discovered by the automatic header discovery feature?

sidprice
    Participant

This is an MSBuild project.

I switched to MS Intellisense and my problem went away,

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

MS IntelliSense does not support automatic header discovery, so it could be indeed related. You can also try disabling the header discovery via the IntelliSense Settings page of VisualGDB Project Properties.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.