[Solved] VMware + VirtualKD "Waiting for RPC table…."

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion [Solved] VMware + VirtualKD "Waiting for RPC table…."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    airmax
    Participant

*******************************************************************************
    *VirtualKD patcher DLL successfully loaded. Patching the GuestRPC mechanism...*
    *******************************************************************************
    Searching patch database for information about current executable...
    Using RPC dispatcher table at 0x140728900 (95 entries)
    Waiting for RPC table to be initialized by VMWare......................................................... endless

First of all, thanks to author for him great work, and for open sources of this excellent and extremely useful tool!
    Now, regarding the problem. Its happens because kdclient.dll uses executable timestamp to identify appropriate vmx executable and load “cached” rpc table location to increase startup.
    After upgrading vmware, wmx timespamp seems leave the same, but, rpc table location is changed, so i suggest author use MP5 or image CRC instead of timestamp in this case.

Solution:

1. Remove all .vmpatch files from
    %UserProfile%AppDataRoamingVirtualKD

2. Restart VmWare virtual machine & vmmon. Kdclient will find vmware rpc table and create correct .vmpatch file.

3. Enjoy!

Anonymous
    Participant

Halliluja! It’s work!
    There is one little addition, if you execute binary files of VirtualKD without any installation this .vmpatch file will in same folder as your vmmon.exe located.

anik1234
    Participant

I agree. You post helped me to solve my problem. It works great!!!

Anonymous
    Participant

Thaks a lot!

Your recomendation helps for me too… 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.