SmarTTY: Remote file edit / upload improvements

Sysprogs forums Forums Other tools & products SmarTTY: Remote file edit / upload improvements

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    CodeSatori
    Participant

Problem report & feature requests on the new (and very welcome) remote file edit/upload/download feature in SmarTTY.

If there are flukes in my internet connection (as often happens in these parts) while I’m browsing for the target folder, the whole of SmarTTY is suspended/frozen until the connection resumes. If the connection doesn’t resume, the whole program freezes to a point where I have to go and kill it from TaskManager. Perhaps you can allow cancel at any time?

Also: It doesn’t seem to be possible to simply type in the path of the file I want to edit. Instead, I have to click-a-doo through the file browser all the way. Would love to just type in the full filepath and be done with it. Or type in the directory I want to see files in. I’m sure this is easy to implement.

Also: Perhaps you could make it an option to open the file-browser in the current working directory, instead of / to eliminate these unnecessary click-a-doos. If I’m already in /etc/that/modules/this/conf/foo, I’m not going to want to click through all those hops from the root down just to use the SmarTTY editor for a quick tweak. (The file browser can be agonizingly slow when I try to click through folders with a lot of stuff on this crappy net of mine.)

What I would love is a keyboard short-cut that opens up the browser in the present working directory and lets me pick the file I want to edit. Please? Would improve the work-flow mighty much. I’d give some candy for that one. 🙂

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by CodeSatori.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.