SmarTTY Feedback

Sysprogs forums Forums Other tools & products SmarTTY Feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    adrian
    Participant

Hi,

First of all. SmarTTY is really a great tool, especially the feature to automatically create a keypair and store it within Windows credential manager. Also it’s stable and works very good. I also like the idea of having “one window per server and”.

Some things I noticed:

• Use RSA or optionally ECDSA instead of DSA for the keypair. If I’m not wrong, the generated keypair uses DSA, this is not bad at all but not recommended, because of the short key of 1024 bit. [/*:299w4vpn]
    • Drag&Drop onto the current tab should upload the file into this folder instead the last used folder[/*:299w4vpn]
    • Renaming connections would be nice[/*:299w4vpn]
    • List view/”compressed” view of connections would be nice[/*:299w4vpn]
    • “SCP” tab as alternative to console tab would be nice, just to browse and copy/open files[/*:299w4vpn]
    • Saving connections without login parameters[/*:299w4vpn]
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hey there,

first of all … SmarTTY is a shiny jewel among all the other SSH terminal proggies.

But unfortunately i want to use it on my business desktop … so therefor i will need a version which does not require admin privileges.

Is there some sort of portable app?

Would be great!

Please keep me posted …

Thanks again and keep it running.

Sin

Anonymous
    Participant

Forget about my last posting (see above) …

Now i’v found the portable version …

I’m happy again!

😀

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi there, first of all I’d like to add my thanks for SmarTTY (and WinCDEMU, I didn’t even realise you were the same people).

Its mentioned in the first post here, but I would like to add a vote for the ability to name a saved connection. I have something like 30 saved connections to various bits of kit and the username is often not descriptive of what the connection is too (for example I have about 12 with identical usernames and the ip is identical across the first three octets, so they all show as USER@172.16.16… and I can’t easily tell which is which).

Other than that its bloody brilliant.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.