SmarTTY can’t init when /etc/bashrc run any code on Xdisplay

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB SmarTTY can’t init when /etc/bashrc run any code on Xdisplay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lwwin
    Participant

Recently we made a program with XDisplay, which would try to init during every session, any other ssh client worked normally except mine, SmarTTY.
    After some tests, I found the code in /etc/bashrc starting this program with XDisplay or even simple xset or xclock, SmartTTY won’t show any window just exit.
    Except I manually startup Xming terminal, which would make SmarTTY worked as usual.

I Guess it may caused by X Server Connection Exception and SmarTTY just exit NOT throw an error description as other clients. Hope it will be got fixed πŸ˜€

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have tried to reproduce your problem on our side, but could not. Could you please share the exact bashrc file you have and the error you are getting? Does it happen with stand-alone SmarTTY or only with the one embedded in VisualGDB?

lwwin
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

Hi,

We have tried to reproduce your problem on our side, but could not. Could you please share the exact bashrc file you have and the error you are getting? Does it happen with stand-alone SmarTTY or only with the one embedded in VisualGDB?

Hi, I’ve tried this inside another centos/X86 machine (Linux CentOS-68 2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.i686) and reproduced the error, both steps were :

1. login as root, change /etc/bashrc using vi, simply add “xset -q” at the tail of file, quit with save ( the bashrc should be the same as orig cuz we never changed it before)
    2. now logout, and close SmarTTY, and note, check and force close xming
    3. then reopen through SmarTTY – Select a Host, DoubleClick the destination PC, and wait… the dialog Authenticating and just simply exit !
    4. if at this time, change back the append “xset -q”, SmarTTY is working as usual now!

*. you may try double once more, I found it may take effect at the first time after the machine restart.

Oh, that’s standalone one SmarTTY not integrated inside visualgdb :D, I’ll try that later πŸ™‚

I’ve tried to install latest-VisualGDB trial one, and it seems the same as the standalone one πŸ™

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.