SIGSEGV Segmentation Fault

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB SIGSEGV Segmentation Fault

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kd8
    Participant

I just purchased and installed VisualGDB to start developing linux application in VS2017.

I have a solution setup to my Raspberry Pi 3 to work on a final project.  A simple “hello world” program causes VS to show a segmentation fault.  I attached a screenshot.

I am not sure what to do about this.  Google and StackOverflow haven’t been much help.  I thought I would post here before pestering the developer.

Thank you all in advance.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1366"]screen shot of VS2017 segmentation fault VS2017 SIGSEGV Segmentation Fault[/caption]

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely your toolchain is not compatible with the target system image.
    Please ensure you are using EXACTLY the same SD card image as listed for your toolchain on the toolchains page: http://gnutoolchains.com/raspberry/

kd8
    Participant

I have the version of Jessie installed, updated and ready.  I am starting a new solution and am unsure which to choose from the dropdown.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kd8
    Participant

I chose the default value.  It’s working.  Amazing!  Thank you kindly for your help.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. Regarding the environment, we usually recommend choosing “fix value” if you are unsure. This works around the case where some PATH variables are applied for regular console sessions, but not for ‘command’ sessions used by VisualGDB to launch the debugger, leading to hard-to-trace “library not found” errors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.