Sharing SourceCode and path mapping

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Sharing SourceCode and path mapping

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lzambonelli @mexage
    Participant

Hi,

we are 2 developers that work on the same ESP32 project. Now it’s time to put everything under a source control system.

Our main problem is PAth mapping: of course each of us has his own project path, but in that way we are not able to add breakpoints: if we add it, VisualGDB does not stop and says “Mapping problems…..or something like this)

What we wanna achieve is trying to add a map that involves the VisualStudio variable $(ProjectDir)

Is that possible? Which is, in your opinion, the best configuration of your plugin ti get it work by several user based on a SVN repository?

Thanks in advance

Leonardo

lzambonelli @mexage
    Participant

MAybe the screenshot can help.

I don’t want to explicit type my path for mapping since it will be different for others…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally you don’t need custom path mappings for ESP32 projects, as long as the general path style is set to “Cygwin” (the new wizard should set it automatically, but it the project was created with an earlier preview build, it could be set incorrectly).

If you cannot get the project to work without the custom mappings, please let us know more details (your .vgdbproj file, the exact mapping VisualGDB suggests and more context on where it happens) and we should be able to fix it.

lzambonelli @mexage
    Participant

Hi,

this is my project file system structure and components.mk file.

As you can see i have one subfolder for each “module”; if I move all files in the same root folder i have no problem with mapping an d no needs to set manually any mapping, so problem seems to be connected with project structure.

Do you have any idea about that? Can i make some more screenshots and get u more info? Please tell me which information you need and i will privde them

Thanks

LEonardo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

The configuration shown on your screenshots should be normally supported out-of-the-box.

Could you please share the exact settings that contain hardcoded paths (either the .vgdbproj file, or a screenshot) and also describe what exactly happens if you remove the settings with those paths?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.