ridiculously costly

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ridiculously costly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    b.timofte
    Participant

I am a hobbyst and i cannot afford couple of houndred of dollars for the tool

Do you have a cheaper edition for hobbyst ? Like full features 60-70 Euro ?

All this ridiculous prices will make create  me a virtual machine snapshot and revert after 30 days ….

Thanx

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by b.timofte.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We do understand that the price of VisualGDB could be high for non-commercial users and hence we offer student and open-source discounts. We also provide affordable Embedded and Linux editions that support a lot of the functionality needed by hobbyists. Higher editions like Custom and Ultimate are focused on providing usability for large teams and complex multi-machine setups that are rarely used by hobbyists.

VisualGDB is a productivity tool: it makes things that could be quite complex with Eclipse and other open-source tools easy and seamless. In order to keep the high quality of our product and continue offering new exciting features like the new intuitive refactoring we do need to charge a fee for the VisualGDB licenses. If you believe the price does not justify the saved effort, we would recommend trying out free tools like Eclipse or vim.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.