Rename/Relocate "Device-specific files" filter?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Rename/Relocate "Device-specific files" filter?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Seidleroni
    Participant

To better organize my solution, I would like to move the location of the “Device-specific files” folder in the solution explorer. Right now it has to be a high level directory and if I move it somewhere else and reinitialize the STM32 BSP, it will recreate the folder structure, but empty. Is it possible to better organize this folder and move it somewhere else so I can better organize my solution? Or if I could rename it to something else?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please consider using the new Advanced CMake Embedded project type introduced in VisualGDB 5.5. It provides much better view in Solution Explorer, supports multiple targets and includes various usability improvements.

For VC++-based projects the “Device-Specific Files” folder name/location is fixed due to the way VisualGDB internally organizes them.

Seidleroni
    Participant

What are the pro/cons of using Advanced CMake rather than MSBuild? I thought VisualGDB prefers people to use MSBuild for embedded applications, is that no longer the case?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Seidleroni.
    support
    Keymaster

Advanced CMake-based projects were introduced in the latest v5.5 release specifically to address the shortcomings of MSBuild-based projects. We are working on more tutorials/documentation, but you can find some information in our announcement and tutorials.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.