Remote name could not be resolved

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Remote name could not be resolved

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jotux
    Participant

I’m getting this error upon hitting the first breakpoint after I start debugging on version 5.3:

VisualGDB version: 5.3.6.1730
    ------------------ System.Net.WebException ------------------
    System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'visualgdb.com'
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address)
       at uv1.a(DownloadableSourcePackage a)

I’m using VisualGDB with VS2013 on a machine that is disconnected from the internet, and it appears to be trying to connect to visualgdb.com when it halts on breakpoint. Is there a way to disable internet connectivity completely from VisualGDB?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like some sort of a networking problem. Please ensure that your computer has Internet connection and try resetting your DNS cache.

jotux
    Participant

The PC this is installed on is not (and cannot be) connected to the internet. This problem is new to version 5.3 as I didn’t have this problem on 5.2.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This error happens because VisualGDB cannot automatically download the source code for the system library you stepped in. If your PC does not have an Internet connection, simply choose “no” when VisualGDB suggests downloading the source code and it will show the disassembly instead.

jotux
    Participant

This error happens because VisualGDB cannot automatically download the source code for the system library you stepped in. If your PC does not have an Internet connection, simply choose “no” when VisualGDB suggests downloading the source code and it will show the disassembly instead.

The code with the breakpoint is in my code, not library code. Also, I’m not getting any prompts asking me to download anything. I just have a breakpoint in one of my functions and when I click debug it starts, locks up for 10 seconds, then breaks on my code with the popup containing the error.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this. We have retested it and confirmed that the exception would happen before VisualGDB asks to download the matching sources. We have fixed it in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.3.7.1767.msi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.