Remote Console does not work …

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Remote Console does not work …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    debugasm
    Participant

Hi,

to date the window “Visual Remote Console” visualized all messages generated by my program. I never had any issues.

This morning I changed the settings to “Debug” from “Debug a new instance” to “Attach to an existing instance” to control a BUG that occurred on application who was shooting, so as not to interrupt it.

I was able to debug and found a BUG.

I reset the settings of “Debug” to “Debug a new instance”, and by this time the window ”Remote Console” does not print anything.

I created a new project, reset the device remotely, but the window “Remote Console” will not print any more message.

What could have happened?

How can I restore normal operation?

Thanks very much.

debugasm

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by debugasm.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The easiest way to restore the broken Remote Console window would be to restore the .vgdbsettings file from your source control system. All debug settings are contained in that file and will be reverted by restoring it.

If that is not possible, please try creating a new project with the project wizard and see if remote console is broken there as well. If not, compare the settings in your project with the settings in the new project to see what can be causing the problem.

debugasm
    Participant

Hi,

I have follow your guide and now “Remote Console” work again.

Thanks very much.

debugasm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.