Recommendations for Qt development on Android with VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Recommendations for Qt development on Android with VisualGDB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I now have your Android tool working, but my intended purpose is to use it with Qt on Android. I see several examples for using VisualGDB with Linux and embedded systems. Do you have any examples, tutorials or instructions for using VisualGDB with Qt on Android? Thanks!!

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will make a tutorial on Qt development on Android.
    While we look into this, feel free to ask about any issues you are having getting Qt development on Android working with VisualGDB.

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Ket. So far, my attempts to get Qt working on Android via VS2010 (with or without VisualGDB) have all failed to build. I have ultimately, however, been able to get my same source trees to build under QtCreator. I don’t know if we could learn anything by dissecting the build directories or other info from that.

ket
    Participant

Hi,

In general, all the build actions from Qt Creator’s compile output should be replicated in a custom project in VisualGDB to be able to build. Post a copy of the build output from Visual Studio here, so we can see what the errors are.

For debugging, you can also use the APK file Qt Creator creates. Simply use the aligned APK file with the “Android->Debug a Custom APK file” feature. There is a tutorial on this feature here.

ket
    Participant

Hi,

We have released a tutorial on using Qt on Android with VisualGDB. You can find it here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.