Proxy for VisualGDB with Yaler.net

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Proxy for VisualGDB with Yaler.net

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mantas
    Participant

Hi Sysprogs,
    I am trying you trial version with VS 2013 U, and Beaglebone Black, and before I buy I would like to make sure that I will be able to debug remotely wherever I am, when traveling, and my BeagleBone stays connected to the Internet via router at home. I am using Yaler.net proxy for Web and SSH access. They are both functioning properly, as I setup it by instructions provided in Yaler.net. I have setup everything in VisualGDB linux project, but the gdbserver is a bit tricky…need some advice how to setup it properly, because I am having strange errors. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Mantas

Mantas
    Participant

Hi,

As I said in the previous post, it connects to the beagle bone using yaler.net, but here is the error message I am getting:
    [attachment=0:hob6gfed]GDB_error_msg.png[/attachment:hob6gfed]

Pls explain me how to properly setup the GDB to start in correct way! I need it for my company, and this is frustrating.

BR,
    Mantas

Mantas
    Participant

Update:

The debugging over internet (using Yaler.net relay) with local linux (beaglebone black) build is working, but the cross-compilation option is NOT. I am a bit surprised with the lack of support from the developers…

Cheers,
    Mantas

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay; please use the email or the contact form on the website for urgent inquiries.
    Regarding cross-compilation, it really depends on what level of redirection does your relay service provide. When debugging Beaglebone on your local network using GDB, the gdb.exe is started on Windows and it connects to gdbserver on your Beaglebone board using the gdbserver protocol (usually port 2000). Please configure your relay service to redirect port 2000, then go to VisualGDB Project Properties, select “Custom mode” in the “Start GDB in the following mode” and specify “target remote :” as the target selection command (connecting to host and port specified there should connect GDB to redirected port 2000 on Beaglebone). Please also enable the “use a gdbserver” checkbox and specify the gdbserver command line there.

Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

Mantas
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Now I am getting the following error messages:
    [attachment=0:2xck1qox]error.jpg[/attachment:2xck1qox]

What should I change?

BR,
    Mantas

support
    Keymaster

Looks like port 2000 is used by some other program (or another instance of gdbserver). Please run ‘killall gdbserver’ and if it does not help, change the port number.
    Please also change ‘debugging start mode’ to ‘continue command’ and double-check your target remote argument. GDB is ran on Windows and it cannot refer to a pipe name on a Linux machine, it has to be :.

tamberg
    Participant

@Mantas: Thomas from Yaler here. In order to access the debug service via Yaler you’ll have to set up an additional YalerTunnel for localhost:2000 using a separate relay domain. If the client does not support HTTP proxies, you’ll also need a YalerTunnel instance on your client. All this will only work if the debugging protocol is TCP-based. Feel free to contact me directly by email (see https://yaler.net/help).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.