Problems with STM32CubeMX and VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problems with STM32CubeMX and VisualGDB

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AndyFraser
    Participant

I am following the instructions here: http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/stm32/cube/ to compile the code generated by STM32CubeMX.

However, even after having added Inc to the include directories as directed to by the linked page, I get the compile error “error : stm32f0xx_hal.h: No such file or directory”.

I have searched the directories where STM32CubeMX put the source files but that file does not exist.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, what is the solution ?

Andy

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you using the latest VisualGDB 5.0 and the latest STM32 BSP? Does the normal LEDBlink (HAL) project build correctly?

AndyFraser
    Participant

I was actually using version 4.3 so upgraded to 5 thinking that was my problem but still get the missing “stm32f0xx_hal.h” errors.

If I create the default LEDBlink project then it compiles without error !

I did a search on my computer for the missing header file and it appears under the following locations:

C:\Users\afraser\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.3.0\Drivers\STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\stm32f0xx_hal.h

d:\STM32Cube\STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.3.0\Drivers\STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\stm32f0xx_hal.h

If I point the Include directories to one of these paths I no longer get the missing header file error but a whole bunch on unknown type name errors.

If anyone has any other thoughts on what I am missing I would be eternally grateful.

Andy

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB 4.3 does not support the latest STM32 BSP that is required to use STM32CubeMX.

After you upgraded to 5.0 please upgrade your STM32 BSP via Tools->Embedded Tools Manager and then try following the tutorial from the beginning. This should get all paths to work.

AndyFraser
    Participant

Yep, that’s sorted it 🙂

Many thanks for your help – much appreciated.

Andy

magicstocki
    Participant

I’m using VISUALGDB 5 and the STM32CUBEMX and it seems that ST updates the BSP to fast for Sysprogs. ST has provided the version 1.80 of the CUBE firmware for the STM32F4 and VISUALGDB works with the version 1.6. Is there a way to make an update manually?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, we usually update the BSPs quarterly. There are 3 ways to get the updated library:

1. You can build and run our STM32 BSP generator against the new archive from ST.
    2. You can simply copy the new code from ST to %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\<…>stm32\<your family> replacing the old code
    3. You can convert the project to a stand-alone project and import the code from ST manually.
    meldano
    Participant

I evaluate VisualGDB today with same problem.

cubeMX v4.19.0

visualGDB 5.2

Blink project work fine on my discovery board.

Failure after build:

stm32f0xx_hal_con.h: No such file or directory

Is here anyone who can help? Otherwise VisualGDB is not a alternative because I need stm32cubemx.

Thanks

Daniel

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The easiest way to fix that is to use the VisualGDB header discovery feature to quickly locate the stm32f0xx_hal_conf.h file (should be somewhere in the project folder) and adjust the build settings automatically.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.