Problem with W7 + vs2k8 + 7600

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Problem with W7 + vs2k8 + 7600

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve installed VisualStudio 2008 Express on Win7 with 7600.16385.1 release but at VisualDDK Setup I’ve a problem,
    ntddk.h is placed here: C:WINDDK7600.16385.1INCDDKNTDDK.H, what should be the %DDKPATH% correct value?

Thanks
    Giuseppe

support
    Keymaster

Visual Studio Express does not support 3-rd party extensions. So, VisualDDK won’t work.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,
    I have similar problem.
    W2K8 Srv (32bit) + VS2008 + WDK 7600.16385.1
    Tryin to setup Visual DDK 1.5 -> the setup fails to configure VisualDDK, telling

VisualDDK has not detected either WDK or DDK.

Well, setting the path manually won’t help

What the clue?

Thx in advance

support
    Keymaster

Ok, if you just type in e.g. “C:WINDDK7600” or whatever the path is to the text box, what happens?

Anonymous
    Participant

same error: it says cannot find file
    c:…inc{wntwlh…}ddkntddk.h.

I guees the reason is, there aren’t any dedicated folders for wntwlhwxp etc anymore…

Le Quark
    Participant

I have the same problem.
    Win 7 x64
    WinDDk 7600.16385.1
    VS 2008 team developer edition.
    visualDDK 1.5 installer comes to the screen where DDK path or WDK path istn’t defined,
    setting the path by clicking the […] does not help.

But if I create a variable called WDKPATH and point it to the same folder as tryed with the browse function,
    the installer is happy, and does not complain about the missing ntddk.h in none existing subfolders.

It build win32 projects ok.
    But not x64 project, apparently the new ddk won’t accept AMD64 as an option, but needs x64 instead.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Le Quark
    ‘Stig’

Anonymous
    Participant

I can’t debug driver in W7+VS2008 . Can you help me ? ❓ 💡

Anonymous
    Participant

It looks like recent WDKs unified ntddk.h and is not anymore inside target specific directory. Visual DDK is expecting the wrong path for ntddk.h (wxp, w2k, etc
    ) for these wdk’s

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.