Problem with syntax coloring

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problem with syntax coloring

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    parsec67
    Participant

I recently upgraded to a new PC, running VS 2022 17.0.5 Community and VisualGDB 5.6R2 build 4506.

I have problems with certain text being coloring oddly in the VS text editor. Running with Dark theme, when I start entering e.g. a #define or function declaration the line I am editing will turn the background to near white, making it unreadable. Quick actions tooltip also pops up which may possibly be related to this. But I cannot find anywhere to change this setting? I only see this issue with VisualGDB, in regular Windows C/C++ projects coloring is fine. Choice of IntelliSense engine or formatting in VGDB project properties has no impact. Attached images demonstrate the problem.

Also, despite having renewed my license and entered the key in December last year, About VisualGDB showed that my support period had expired. I’ve been in contact with support prior to switching PC and was told the old seat was deactivated. After re-entering the license key it now looks like it refreshed again and my support period is active, but why did it lose the activation to begin with?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please refer to the following page for more details: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/colors/

parsec67
    Participant

Many thanks, that did the trick!

Any idea why my license activation was reset?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works.

Regarding the activation, you can always reenter your key via Help->About VisualGDB in order to update its state.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.