Problem Error building after update to new release

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problem Error building after update to new release

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    SHA
    Participant
    1. try to create cross compile Qt with QT build 5

after reach toolchain test , i get this Error !

SysGCC\beaglebone\Qt\v5\qmake.exe TestProFile.pro CONFIGNAME=Debug
    C:/SysGCC/beaglebone/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs/features/toolchain.prf:69: system(execute) requires one or two arguments.
    Project ERROR: Cannot run compiler ‘C:/SysGCC/beaglebone/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe’. Output:
    ===================
    ===================
    Maybe you forgot to set up the environment?

*********************************************************************************************

I try this even on old devices which work with old setting ! Now not work after update !

The old .exe work normally !!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by SHA.
    support
    Keymaster

It looks like your toolchain is not compatible with your target. As a workaround, please try building the code directly on the target.

SHA
    Participant

Dear support,

The target or the os didn’t change !!

The problem from your release !

previously, With old visualGDB and Beaglebone toolchain , it’s work normally !

All what I did, was update them !

Then every thing get damaged !

Even your tutorial didn’t explain the correct setting !

So based on your suggestion ! Should i compile my project on the same target ! is that useful ?!!

In case if the toolchain is not fit , why pass the test after creation ?

I hope to get real solution

BR

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by SHA.
    support
    Keymaster

According to our records, the recent VisualGDB updates did not change anything that could be causing this issue.

You have also mentioned several different issues in this thread that would occur under different setups, so it is hard to understand what is going on based on your description.

Please try installing the toolchain from scratch and check whether creating a new Qt5-based project for the target works.

SHA
    Participant

Hi dear,

here what i do now:

1 . Update the toolchain (based on visualGDB package suggestion ) …. failed to compiled old projects and new projects

2.remove the toolchain and install new version ( i try this with all prebuild toolchains related to beaglbone in your website ) .. Also failed to create projects ( built qt 5 or 4 )

with built qt5 give me this error below:

Tool arguments: c:\sysgcc\beaglebone\Qt\v5\qmake.exe TestProFile.pro CONFIGNAME=Debug
    c:/sysgcc/beaglebone/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs/features/toolchain.prf:69: system(execute) requires one or two arguments.
    Project ERROR: Cannot run compiler ‘c:/sysgcc/beaglebone/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe’. Output:
    ===================
    ===================
    Maybe you forgot to setup the environment?
    <h6>################################################</h6>
    with built qt4 give me this error below:

Tool arguments: -Wl,–start-group “C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_ToolchainTestProgram.o” -o “C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\/VisualGDB_ToolchainTestProgram” -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -Ic:/sysgcc/beaglebone/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/arm-linux-gnueabihf -I. -Ic:/sysgcc/beaglebone/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -Ic:/sysgcc/beaglebone/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -Ic:/sysgcc/beaglebone/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/qt4 -IDebug -Lc:/sysgcc/beaglebone/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/lib -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread -pipe -Wno-psabi -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -pipe -Wno-psabi -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -Wl,-O1 -Wl,–end-group
    c:\sysgcc\beaglebone\bin\../arm-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgobject-2.0.so.0: undefined reference to `g_date_copy’
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    <h6>##########################################</h6>
    i have old copy of the toolchain ! when i use it , i can create qt4 built but without QSerialport

if create qt5 built also get the same error !

For the Linux ! i try the above with old Linux !

And now i try it with new Linux , new installation all !! also the same result

try remove the visual gdb and install it again !

i spend five days trying every thing possible ! To restore the ability to build my application !

Till now, you just give general advises !

I hope to solve this please  !

BR

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by SHA.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. It looks like you have installed the new toolchain and then resynchronized its sysroot with an incompatible SD card image, thus, breaking the build process.

Please note that each toolchain is compatible with a specific version of the target system (see this page for a full list) and synchronizing it with a different target system version would lead to the problems you described.

If you are no longer sure which SD card image you are using, please try downloading the latest one listed on our toolchains page  and writing it to your SD card (this will replace the previous card contents). Then, install a toolchain that is compatible with that image. This should allow creating Qt projects correctly. Once you can confirm that the new projects work, you can install the necessary libraries (e.g. QtSerial) via apt-get and resynchronize the sysroot to make those libraries available to the cross-toolchain.

SHA
    Participant

Dear support, did you read my post !!??

I told you, I do every thing ! Installing new every thing , visualGDB , toolchains, OS, and i still see the errors !

Can you explain to me why I see these errors please ?

And how to set the configuration in correct way !?

support
    Keymaster

As we have mentioned above, the errors are shown because the toolchain you installed got corrupt (some libraries got replaced with incompatible versions).

We can help you configure it correctly if you could let us know the exact steps you are performing (including the URLs of the toolchain, SD card image) and a description of the exact choices you pick in the wizard (if possible, with screenshots). Then we can check your configuration for common errors and suggest what could be causing it.

Please also try running “lsb_release -a” on the Beaglebone and share the output you receive.

SHA
    Participant

Hi Dears,

Nothing changed for the toolchain, still unable to compile my previous projects (this is dispointing )

unfortunate now I’m using remote build

I hope you will release  a new toolchain for newer Linux img

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.