Problem Error building after update to new release

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problem Error building after update to new release

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    SHA
    Participant

Hi Dears,

I have problem with my visual GDB & embedded beaglebone toolchain  , after update to last release, i can’t build my project give me many strange errors .

What shall I do to get back all configurations?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by SHA.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely the problem is caused by some configuration change on your side and is not related to the update.

Please try narrowing down the problem to a specific sequence of steps that doesn’t work (see the 3-step reporting guidelines here) and we should be able to help you get it to work.

SHA
    Participant

Hi Dears,

I’m trying to build project for embedded Linux with QT, the project work fine with old setting after dam update it’s can’t be build, and I supposed to deliver the project next month !!

I Get this Error below:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error Cannot run compiler ‘g++’

Error Command-line action failed

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error MSB3073 The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe” /build “D:\local\x\x1\y\y1\y12.vcxproj” “/solution:D:\local\x\x1\y\y12.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1. y1 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by SHA.
    SHA
    Participant

Note: if I create new project it’s work fine

but my old projects failed 🙁

support
    Keymaster

Most likely, the problem is triggered by an accidental change of some settings of the project or a toolchain. Please try comparing the settings of the working and non-working projects (either compare each page of VisualGDB Project Properties, or compare the .vgdbsettings and .pro files using KDiff or another diffing tool) and then try editing the broken project to match the settings of the working project. If you can narrow down a specific setting, we can check whether it could be caused by a VisualGDB update and release a hotfix, however it is not possible for us to confirm it without knowing a specific setting.

SHA
    Participant

Hi Dears,

I already do that, compare all files, setting, configuration, uninstall and reinstall … nothing change

All the old projects didn’t compile !

I found only the makefile for the old projects suddenly changed to one line instead of several lines , and some projects changed from Qmake to MSbuild !!

Is that normal ?

Now I’m in serious problem because the software not ready and supposed to be close to delivery !

If possible to tell me what is the required setting to fix that ?

Regards

SHA
    Participant

The same problem with me , after update the Visual GDB and the toolchain by default , now nothing work !!!!!

SHA
    Participant

Now … the New update ..

I remove the visual GDB & all toolchians , then reinstall all

i can’t even run new projects with QT cross compile for embedded Linux !

Can someone solve this situation, I hope to found some fast useful respond !!

SHA
    Participant

libgobject-2.0.so.0 : error : undefined reference to `g_date_copy’

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you have changed some global setting (e.g. installed an incompatible toolchain, replaced some files in the sysroot, or edited some global file) and that is triggering problems. The best way to troubleshoot this would be to install the toolchain (and flash the SD card image) from scratch, create a new project and ensure that it works, and then either compare the new project’s settings with the old one, or simply move your old project’s files to the new one one by one. There is no easy way to just get everything to build without either knowing what exactly has changed, or re-creating a working setup from scratch.

Specifically, the libgobject-2.0.so error looks like your toolchain is either missing some files, or has been partially overwritten with incompatible versions of some files. Reinstalling the toolchain from scratch as suggested before should solve the problem.

SHA
    Participant

hi dears,

still the same problem.

even after reinstall everything !!

the old projects totally not able to compile !

the new project work with basic lib.

as example , if i added serialport lib to the .pro file give me this statement in the debug

Project MESSAGE : warning : unknown QT: serialport

SHA
    Participant

The second issue !

I install the new release of visualGDB then reinstall all available toolchains for raspberry pi and beaglebone platforms! also give me same errors

Should i try older release of VisualGdb!?

SHA
    Participant

another note:

when i try to update the sysroot give me this error in log

Failed to create symlink < with several files in the target hardware , but the files exist ! >

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Each VisualGDB release it tested via ~100 integration tests that verify creating, building, debugging and editing of different project types, hence the problem is likely not caused by a recent VisualGDB update, but is triggered by accidental changes to some global settings (e.g. switching to an incompatible toolchain).

The “unknown QT: serialport” message means that Qt is likely missing the serial port library. You might need to install the library via the Linux package manager and then re-synchronize the sysroot.

If some projects build with the serialport library, while others don’t, the only way to get the old projects to work is to compare the working projects with non-working ones and eliminate the differences.

Unfortunately, as you have not provided any details on the other error messages you got, it is hard to suggest anything specific. If you could attach a screenshot, or the full text of the error, we can help you understand what it means.

SHA
    Participant

Hi Dears,

I install New Linux

install new visual GDB

install new toolchain as below:

1. let the visual GDB suggest the suitable toolchain during create the project !

2. i chose the toolchain by my self !

In all above, failed to compile hello world QT cross compile !

If I chose to build the project remotely on the target , it’s Work Fine !

But, if I chose to build it on my windows machine , give my cocktail of Errors !

During these days ! i notice you published several releases of visual GDB, please if you have problem ! Inform me

Because now I’m in serious problem ! I’m working on big project since several months and have no problems ! And when I asked you if the update could change the setting ! And you confirm no ! But unfortunately it’s does.

What should I do now ? Time remaining for me less than month !?

Next: i will post a sample of errors i got

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.